The purpose of this project is to apply skills learned in drawing flats, basic designing, demonstrating a knowledge of garment construction and attention to details, and learning basic layout.
- choose a clear photo of shirt you like in which all the details can be seen. You will submit this photo along with the rest of the project, so don't lose it.
- Design 8 new shirts based on the original.
- They should be a cohesive line
- You will need to sketch more than 8 in order to come up with 8 good ones that go together well.
- They should all be the same fabric
- Draw front AND back flats for each of the 8 new shirts
- Ink them
- Be consistent about line weight usage
- Be very neat
- Erase all pencil
- Background and layout:
- Choose a background to present your flats upon.
- You will need 2 background pages
- The pages will have to be 11 inches by 14 inches in size.
- Title your line of shirts
- Artistically display the title across the top of the 1st page
- Computer text or bought lettering is best
- Alignment needs to be done carefully
- Find the best layout for the flats across the 2 pages
- Place fronts and back together
- Test glues to make sure it doesn't damage the paper(s) or strike though (show)
- Use space in an eye-catching manner
- You can use other materials to support your layout
- Be VERY NEAT
- Make sure you name is on all of the pages and the original photo
- Place in an 11x14 page protector for submission